Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Triumphant Return to Blogging Takes on a New Direction!

The last thing I posted was almost eight months ago! That is one heck of a long time! An entire semester of designing without any forum for "publishing" my work. Sad. That being said, my interests and studies have taken a more theoretical, business focused turn, so I think the blog will as well. But first, a look at what I have been up to for the past few months....


Table made from binders (course: Object Reincarnation)

Tent Made from Umbrellas. It actually folds up into the little bag pictured. (course: Object Reincarnation)

Kaleidoscope Clock (course: Industrial Design 1)

Tape Dispenser (course: Industrial Design 1)

"Edbixa" Camera from the 1920s turned pillbox. The assignment was to take an object at least 40 years old and without changing its aesthetic or function update it for the 21st century. One of the cameras functions is to help people remember, which is also a function of various drugs such as Ebixa (Edixa, is the name of a camera although not the one pictured above...).
(course: Industrial Design 1)


"Mikvah" A mikvah or ritual bath based on various geometric principles and the idea that going to the mikvah should be like going to a spa or bathing in a rainforest. Unfortunately I do not have the best photos on my computer. (course: Morphology 1, group members: Polina Tenner, Ella Pismanov, Katya Morosova)

No comments: